Thursday, October 29, 2009

I leave tomorrow for Seattle for my first participation in a Continuum Montage workshop with Susan Harper. I've heard a lot about Continuum, but as is always the case with new experience, I am aware that I have no idea what I'm in for with this body of work. But, check this bit of language out, from Susan's website page, "About Continuum Montage":
We open our sensuous capacity to feel sensation through grounded attentional practices. Sensations keep us in touch with the present – our organismic state, our needs, and where we are in our environment.
"Opening my sensuous capacity" sounds good. "Attentional practices" sounds good. This sounds like a movement practice that arises out of a conscious experience of embodied ecology - our "organismic state." I'm excited. The title of the workshop is "Dancing in the Well of Origin."

No comments:

Post a Comment